Saturday, January 30, 2010

Its been a long time coming...

Hey there readers...

Sorry I haven't been on the job lately...things have been slightly hectic here, and priorities have had to take the front seat.

First things first, after lots a prayer (and a bit of fasting), I got good results about my health. The thing that I was most afraid of is not what the issue is, and I couldn't be more happy. However, I do have some more minor issues, but nothing so big that I can't deal with it on my own, without a physician prescribing something.

Because of this, I have turned into quite a swimmer! Swimming has turned into my favorite form of exercise, because (Imma be honest with you guys) I'M LAZY. When I'm in the pool, I feel like its fun, even if I'm just swimming back and forth. It doesn't feel like 'work'...perfect for me! As a severe asthmatic, its helping to build up my lung capacity, which is a bonus. I don't have a set workout just yet, so I make sure I swim back and forth for about an hour, then I do a few laps in a resistance pool, and I feel great afterwards. So, if you're needing to workout, but just can't seem to get it together, try finding a local recreation center with an indoor pool (The Sports and Learning Complex in Prince George's County is where I go, only $18 a month for a county resident membership!)

Also, I have had lots of things going on with the kiddios. Folks are on restriction right now...handing out punishments while thinking about AYD is HARD! The momma in me wants to punish without thought, but the AYD worker in me wants to make sure I don't crush their spirits (clearly, the momma doesn't care!)

Finally, I have FINALLY found a therapist that I like! I have my first full session with her on the 17th of February, but even my preliminary consultation was amazing. So professional and inviting, this doctor will be nothing like the last (I'm hoping). I will keep you updated on how things go.

So readers...whats up with you?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the check-up...yay for swimming, I think that's what I'm going to have to do too, becuz like you I'm lazy!! LOL

    ReplyDelete